Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Summer of Well

Friday was my last day of my first year of teaching. I walked out of that building clutching my lucky bamboo plant, a New Teacher of the Year plaque, a nasty red delicious apple (a parting gift from my departing principal), and a staggering (newfound) ability to let things roll off my back.

I-AM-DONE! (And...shhh...thrilled to be returning in the fall!)

I've debated how to spend the next two months, seriously considering a return to my mind-numbing, occasionally inappropriately awkward office job that would generously pad my savings account and finance our trip to Ireland. But I think I owe it to myself and all my wonderful friends and family members who don't have two months of freedom ahead of them, to seize the heck out of this vacation.

So I am proudly kicking off the Summer of Well - which will consist of all manner of good for my mind and body activities, which you my dear readers who accidentally stumbled upon this rarely updated blog will be privy to.

Tomorrow is major cleaning day and several hours at the gym - HOORAY!

No comments: