Friday, October 14, 2005

Oh, Me? I'm Important.

The novelty of my new job at Sbux has worn off and with it most any sense of excitement. So when it isn't busy, as it wasn't the other day, then I have to force myself to not check the clock.

But sometimes perfectly funny things happen just right out of the blue like the other day when I looked up from the register to see a limo blocking three handicap parking spots. A black chauffeur in a tuxedo and one of those little hats stationed dutiful at the door.

So I'm thinking to myself, well celebrities do love Sbux and guess one of them could be in Fredericksburg red-neckin it up (possibly Britney Spears?). But the absurdity of that thought was immediately banished when a mom-ish woman wearing a key-hole top, which I am pretty sure I saw at Target, and sporting some very mall bangs emerged from the limo and came into the store to ask me in a voice dripping with self-importance, "Do you have any bottled water?"

"Yeah, in the case over there." I said, avoiding eye-contact or anything that could imply that I was impressed.

She sighed and said, "I'll be right back."

She comes back with a man that I assume is her husband and they thoughtfully deliberate over what to get. She approaches the counter and he goes towards the bathroom (now there is about 15ft between them) and which point he turns and yells, "You know what honey, I think the water in the limo is fine."

I mean, I thought it was hilarious, as a) all four of the people in the store already knew that they arrived in a limo and b) the speaker was wearing a NATURE SHIRT and he had cold sores on his mouth. I'm just saying.

No comments: