Sunday, September 02, 2007

Friends, I Am a Teacher

Pals, I have been totally offline for the last two weeks as I have prepared for and carried out my first week of teaching 7th grade Civics, or as I told my parents' pastor, "earning my place in heaven" (hooray for indulgences).

I've been putting in those creepily long hours, buying my own school supplies, had handfuls of inspirational emails shoved at me when I've asked for administrative support, and gotten a UTI from holding it too much. BUT! For six exciting hours everyday I close the door and teach and it's been thrilling and challenging and awesome.

I'll go again into offline hibrination soon, but one day I will return in earnest (and finish my zombie tale!). Thanks to all of you that emailed or texted or called me with well wishes - I'm doing it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am ridiculously proud of you.