Thursday, July 10, 2008

Travel Reading

Yay, hooray, we'll be in Ireland this time next week - we're traveling light, as in, everything we bring has to fit on our backs. I have already packed most everything and am up to about 12 pounds. I want to bring a good book, but just one.

I want to tote something engaging but not intense, taxing, or practical. I have a habit of lugging around theoretical books on education or meaty political biographies with lofty reading goals and then end up pining for a copy of US Weekly at the airport newsstand.

After reading Sarah Says... I am considering Twilight. It was quite a hit last year with my 12 year olds - that's about the reading level I'm up for for this journey. Any other suggestions (Rachel?)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Read Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. SO GOOD.

Amanda said...

Or Eat Pray Love. I'm reading it now and it's great, totally engrossing and inspiring.

Amanda said...

Or an amazing graphic novel called Fun Home. I think you'd love it.

Maura said...

Ooo, I already read Eat, Pray, Lov - but that would have been a great travel book - perfect with its tone and teeny chapters.

I'm heading to the book store tomorrow!