Monday, September 19, 2005

A Poor Girl's Guide to a Fabulous Life

Tip 1: Cut your own hair.

I got my first paycheck in over a month and a half and promptly desposited it in my nearly empty checking account (ouch). I tucked my $45 in tips into my wallet and set off for Richmond where I had a two fabulous margaritas and a taco salad with two of my ladies realized immediately how quickly you can blow through hard earned cash when you earn as little as I do.

I've been meaning to schedule a hair appointing with my good friend Aran - who is at $27 a cut is a good deal, but necessitates another trip to Richmond. So on Saturday evening, I walked into my bathroom and cut my own hair. AND, considering its complete absense of expense it looks pretty fabulous. And I still have $30 in my wallet. Hot.

Of course, I really only cut my bangs. But that is all I wanted done, and it still would have cost me $30, which can be saved for less-free fabulous things.

This kind of frugalness comes in handy when your cat decides to get into some kind of crazy cat fight that necessitates $203 worth of oral surgery (details to follow), if I hadn't been so thrifty and gone to some fancy salon, Miso might still have a fang stuck in her lip.

No comments: